Individually and in small groups, students are engaged in the school’s listening and library centers, water and sand tables, blocks and puzzles, games, music center, playground, and more. There are places in each classroom for children to curl up with a book, a doll, or another friend in quiet play, to act out a favorite story or a spontaneous drama, to paint, draw, write and build, and to come together as a community of friends.
Evergreen Day School provides early care and play-based education for toddlers to five year olds.
EDS offers children a safe and nurturing place to grow, question, and explore their world. Our staff is committed to helping each child uncover and develop their own unique abilities. We believe that supporting young children’s natural curiosity builds a foundation for joyful learning.
We embrace diversity, equity, and inclusion by welcoming all staff, children and families of all identities including, but not limited to: race, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, culture, family structure, natural origin, religion, or class.
Prior to each school year every child:
- Receives a personal in home visit* with one of the classroom teachers
- Is invited to visit the classroom during our open house
- *Fall 2021 – Virtual Visit
During the school year, daily communications include:
- A parent teacher conference twice a year
- Daily communication through the Brightwheel Application from your child’s classroom teachers
- Monthly Newsletters from the classrooms
- Monthly Newsletter from the Director
- Five spacious and bright classrooms
- A library
- Motor room
- Maker Space
- Office area
- Our own designated outdoor play space
- We also have use of a large city playground with a paved court and a ball field
- Large parking lot
Regular Morning Program
Monday through Friday, from 8:30am to 12:30pm, including lunchtime. As you determine a permanent schedule, you may request the days your child attends from two to five mornings per week (no mid-week only schedules).
Offered Monday through Friday, from 12:30pm to 3pm or 12:30pm to 4pm. You may register your child for the Extended Day option for any or all of the days s/he attends the regular morning program.
Offered Monday through Friday 8:00am – 8:30am. You may register your child for the Early Arrival option for any or all of the days s/he attends the regular morning program.
In the event there are openings in our Morning Program, Extended Day, or Early Arrival, you may have the option to add school time on a “flex” basis.